Hi, I’m Josh. I’m a high school senior (Shaker ‘24) with lots of hobbies. I’m a student journalist, currently serving as the editor of The Shakerite. I spend my spare time programming and maintaining open-source software, and doing volunteer community management and moderation.
I enjoy figuring out how things work and how I can utilize that knowledge in other projects. I like to force myself to think outside the box. I’m motivated by seeing hard work pay off. Planning and logistics are my greatest strengths.
- Founded a technology news website called The Terabyte Tribune. I manage all aspects of the site, including writing, server administration and development of a completely custom WordPress theme.
- Built a homelab from repurposed desktop computers to experiment with selfhosting. My lab is linux-based, relying primarily on Docker and Ansible for management and deployment.
- Wrote Redownload, a utility for downloading audio files from Relisten and The Internet Archive.
- Wrote Zeal-CLI, A CLI for managing the offline documentation viewer, Zeal.
- Created an online presence for a dog meetup called BullyBash, including social media feeds and a website with FAQs, an agenda and a registration form.